主题

帖子

积分

金牌会员

积分
发表于 2019-4-22 21:16:17 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
招聘求职
公司名称: 直通硅谷
想象一下,当你正在参加一场面试,对面端坐着的面试官态度随和,言语亲切的说:“那么,请谈谈你错过项目截止日期的经历。” 你该如何化解这棉里藏刀呢?

随着科技公司技术面试的门槛越来越高,面试官只关注求职者具体技能和基本信息(比如你在哪里上大学?你的GPA是多少?)的时代早已过去,如今,潜在的雇主们更关注在某些特定情况下,面试者会如何表现。除了达到技术要求的高标准之外,Behavior Question的重要性也开始受到更多面试者的关注。因为求职者曾经的行为具有很高的参考价值,所以询问经历便成了面试官判断求职者是否适合这份工作的最好方法。

通常,面试官会通过行为面试问题来获取这些信息。通过这些行为面试问题,例如“Tell me about a time where you delivered a project late.”,面试官可以更全面的了解你,同时,它们也为你提供了一个独特的机会,如果能够给出妥帖的回答,便可以让你在众多求职者中脱颖而出。那么如何在这种特定情况下突出求职者积极的一面,并表明自己有能力以不同的方式思考呢?快来!我们又要开始“套路”啦!

类似的问题
类似的问题还有:

What do you do when you have two conflicting priorities and can only deliver one on time?

When was the last time you were unable to deliver within the timeframe originally specified?

What happens when you realize you will be unable to deliver by the set deadline?

为什么面试官会问这个问题
不得不说,在毫无准备的情况下,这是一个很难回答的问题,它迫使应聘者谈论自己失败的经历,是典型的压力面试。当面试官问这个问题时,他想知道的是你在压力下的反应,你是为什么失败的,你从中学到了什么,以后如何避免,你的职业道德是什么样的,你是如何应对突发情况的,如何减少失败损失的,你是为此承担个人责任?还是将责任完全归咎于他人? 而这些问题的答案都直接决定我们经常谈论的“职商”,即职场情商,以此可以让面试者判断,你未来是否可以成为一个很好的共事伙伴。

回答该问题的最佳方法
那么如何回答“Tell me about a time when you missed a deadline for a project/assignment.”这一面试问题呢?

最好的方法是谈论一个具体的情况。在这个情况下,由于无法预见或计划外的原因,导致你无法在截止日期前完成任务。但是你要为此承担个人责任,并谈一谈之后你又做了什么,以此防止类似错误在未来再次发生。在整个回答过程中,要注意以下几点:

No.01
要注意这个选择分享的例子。
面试的目的就是让自己看起来很棒!所以要确保选择一个能以一种积极的方式呈现出来的,贴近事实的故事。错过最后期限不能带来任何好处,不要试图把它描述成一种成功(这看起来会很愚蠢)。每个人都会犯错,面试官也知道这一点。所以简单地描述事件,说说自己在这个过程中得到哪些领悟,吸取哪些教训。人们喜欢诚实——当雇主听说他们的雇员要为错误负责,并努力防止错误再次发生时,他们会感到很振奋!

No.02
告诉面试官他们最希望听到的内容。
面试官并不会真的关心你当时做的项目细节,他们想知道你为什么错过了最后期限,以及你的应对方法。你可以简单而诚实地解释一下情况。具体做法可以参考STAR思路。

ST — Situation or task 列出围绕问题或任务的情况
A — Action 描述自己为解决问题或完成任务所采取的行动
R — Result 详细说明结果,包括从中学到的经验

No.03
要记得强调积极的一面。
在某些情况下,错过最后期限这件事不在员工的可控范围之内。如果你的情况也是如此,可以利用自身优势,强调发生这种事情的主要原因是外部事件。然而,并不是所有的延时都是因为外部原因的,如果“甩锅”未遂,就必须强调事件的最终结果了——你学到了什么,你是如何改进提高、避免下次再犯的。

切记不要只简单地描述自己犯的错误、当时做的项目和老板的反应,这会给面试官留下负面的印象。相反,你应该以一个非常积极的态度,清晰的表达自己的观点。说明自己采取了哪些步骤来改进自身,以及在实现目标的过程中自己处于什么位置。

最后,保持自信!虽然你被要求分享一个失败的故事,但每个人都有大大小小的失败。承认错误,并证明自己没有再犯同样的错误就好啦!

关于错过最后期限的相关例子
错误范例
"Well, my current project deadline has long since passed and we still have no idea when everything will be finished. It was a really aggressive time estimate from the start. My boss just gave it to me and I said I would try, but I knew it couldn’t be completed in that amount of time. Now everyone is mad that the project is running over time and over budget, which is why I want to leave, so here I am, interviewing with you…"
这样的回答虽然诚实,但是很“丧”,面试结果可想而知。而甩锅老板,又没有任何过程中与老板沟通的描述,让人怀疑面试者的沟通能力与责任心是否出现问题。总而言之,差评难逃。

优秀范例
"In my recent internship, I delivered my primary project ahead of schedule and was then given a secondary project to deliver by the end of my internship. Since it was a project area where I did not yet have experience, it took me some time to come up to speed. Yet the original time estimate was based on someone already working within the department. When I got to within two weeks of completing my internship and returning to college, I knew that I was not going to be able to complete the secondary project by the end of my internship. I met with my mentor and we worked out a situation which allowed me to continue to work on the project part-time after the official end of the internship. She told me that they typically would not do this, but understood the circumstances and were willing to flex to make it happen. I was able to complete the secondary project a few days later and got a high overall rating for my work…I feel so lucky to be part of the team and very appreciate the open-communication culture that could always have me to move in the right direction and prioritize the tasks in a right order. "
在这个答案中,回答者提前完成了主要项目,又被突然安排了第二个项目,需要花费一定时间跟上进度。又因为定的时间标准是基于已在该部门工作的正式员工,并不适用于实习生,所以错过最后期限是因为不可控的外界因素,这一点可以很容易被任何有经验的职场人充分理解。最后,回答者经过协商,延时完成了第二个项目并获得了很高的实习评分。同时,最后不忘表达自己积极乐观的心态,又不忘感谢他人的话术则给人一种“职商”满满的感觉!

相近似的时间规划问题

Tell me about a time your work responsibilities got a little overwhelming. What did you do?

请给出一个你的工作职责变得有点难以应付的例子。你做了什么?

这是一个可以很好展现时间规划能力的问题。在回答时,举一个具体的例子,比如在一个项目中,有很多事情要做,应该如何将事情排序,同时说明你的角色以及你是如何处理的。
“While I was working for X company, I was a Senior Software Engineer. We had a lot of major projects going on and I was responsible for my day to day duties at the same time. In order for me to get all the work done that was needed, I had to take a step back to assess what tasks took priority over others and when I needed to get them done by. I considered project timelines, project priority level, and top daily priorities. I used this concept to start to build my list of tasks from top to bottom and work down from most important to not as important. If I needed help or a question answered I would be sure to always try be communicative with my colleagues. Actually, the major dependency to prioritize the tasks is based on the proper understanding of the importance to the project. So it would be nice to check regularly the situation and stay on the right track. ”

同样的,正确预估项目重要性固然重要,但是前提仍然是对项目各个环节重要性的正确理解,那么及时有效的沟通自然而然就成为了基础。

What would you do if you were almost finished with a project on a tight deadline, when you realize you’d made a mistake back in the beginning that required you to start over?
时间紧迫却因开始的错误面临返工,你会怎么做呢?

没有人是完美的,不要试图掩盖,勇于承认错误并积极补救。在实际回答中,可以表现出诚实,对工作的投入,以及从错误中反思学习。

“First, I’d investigate the problem and the source, and make a list of a few different solutions. If none of those solutions were possible without fully redoing the project, and if I thought the mistake might make me miss my deadline, I’d immediately approach my supervisor and let her know the situation. Particularly if the mistake is my fault, it’s important that I’m honest and open about it -- it’s a good learning and growth opportunity for me, and could prevent others from making that same mistake. Finally, I’d ask my supervisor’s suggestion to see if it is still ok to put in extra time if necessary to finish the project. Especially for R&D project, it is always not guaranteed that the current method is the best. I would start from a basis case and find out the first solution, well sometimes it’s brute force way while optimizing the solution is always based on the deep understanding of the fundamental thing.  The inspiration achieved from the experience could be the key factor to open the door.”

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|CSSA

GMT-6, 2024-3-29 07:05 AM , Processed in 0.021424 second(s), 24 queries .